Monday, April 23, 2012

Local Lowdown: Brian Nankervis

Local Lowdown: Brian Nankervis

By Brian Nankervis, television host and comedian.

Get some ‘culture? The culture is everywhere. I am writing this in my kitchen, St Kilda, hear Phillip Adams on Radio National, while the third man watches a daughter, another writes a draft of the Aztecs, upload photos Instagram my wife and my son takes his dream-team AFL. To relax

Vai? I try to walk or bike ride, every morning. I go to the beach of Dickens Street Elwood Ruskin Street (talk about culture: Mozart Street, Tennyson Street, Milton Street).

Let your inner child? The latest outbreak was the Ice Cream Jock (83 Victoria Avenue, Albert Park, call 9686 3838). A large ice target.

Treat? This is a personal question, but I’ll keep looking. A few weeks ago I wandered through windows Basement Arcade Block (24 Block Place, Melbourne, call 9654 1110), where I saw happy with their incredible collection of CDs, DVDs and vinyl and bought the latest album by Etta James, The Dreamer.

go alone? There is a newe r coffee, Small (149 High Street, Prahran, call 9521 to 4306), which serves excellent coffee (or so they tell me, am a man of tea), and has a fabulous Turkish bread toasties work turntable with excellent speakers.

See Brian in Pictures of You at the clock on Seven at 21:30 Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment